Kanabec County does not have county-wide zoning, and therefore does not have a county zoning office.

Depending on where your building site is located, you'll need to contact your township, city, or environmental services office to obtain information about zoning and building permits. 

If your building site is within shoreland area*, contact Kanabec County Environmental Services at 320-679-6456 or click here for more information. 

If your building site is not within shoreland area*, contact the zoning person for your township or city. 
Click here for a complete listing of township and city officials.

*Shoreland area is defined as 1,000 feet from the ordinary high water level of a lake, pond, or flowage; or 300 feet from a river or stream.