The county agricultural inspector or county-designated employee shall be responsible for:
     1) the enforcement provisions under sections 18.78, 18.82, 18.83, 18.84, 18.86, and 18.87; and
     2) providing a point of contact within the county for noxious weed issues.

Click here for current list of Noxious Weeds

Click here to view the MNDOT Noxious Weeds Informational Booklet 

County, City &Township Officials:

  • A County Ag Inspector/Designated Employee must be appointed by law for each of the states’ 87 counties by the board of commissioners.
  • Local Weed Inspectors are the mayors in the states’ 861 cities and the supervisors on the states’ 1,788 township boards. An assistant weed inspector may be appointed by the city mayor or the township board to act in their behalf as local weed inspectors.

General Notice to Control or Eradicate Noxious Weeds:
Notice is hereby given this 1st day of May, 2024, pursuant to Minnesota Statutes, Section 18.83, Subdivision 1 that all persons in Kanabec County, Minnesota, shall control or eradicate all noxious weeds on land they occupy or are required to maintain. Control or eradication may be accomplished by any lawful method, but the method(s) applied may need to be repeated in order to prevent the spread of viable noxious weed seeds and other propagating parts to other lands. Failure to comply with the general notice may mean that an individual notice, Minnesota Statutes, Section 18.83, Subdivision 2, will be issued. An individual notice may be appealed within two working days of receipt to the appeal committee in the county where the land is located. Failure to comply with an individual notice will mean that the inspector having jurisdiction may either hire the work done or seek a misdemeanor charge against the person(s) who failed to comply. If the work is hired done by the inspector, the cost can be placed as a tax upon the land and collected as other real estate taxes are collected. You may obtain a list of the plants that are designated as noxious weeds and the members of the appeal committee from your County Agricultural Inspector or County-Designated Employee. You can also obtain this information from your Local Weed Inspectors. Local Weed Inspectors include the township supervisors, city mayors or their appointed assistants.

Minnesota Noxious Weed Law.  Minnesota Statutes, sections 18.75 to 18.91

Contact Information:
Ryan Carda
County Ag Inspector
903 Forest Ave East
Mora MN 55051
Office 320-679-6456 or email