Home & Community-based Services Waivers
Home and Community-based services help to meet the needs of people with disabilities and older adults.
People Under Age 65
• Brain Injury (BI) Waiver https://mn.gov/dhs/people-we-serve/people-with-disabilities/services/home-community/programs-and-services/bi-waiver.jsp
The Brain Injury Waiver provides funding for home and community based services for children and adults who have an acquired or traumatic brain injury.
• Community Access for Disability Inclusion (CADI) Waiver https://mn.gov/dhs/people-we-serve/people-with-disabilities/services/home-community/programs-and-services/cadi-waiver.jsp
The Community Access for Disability Inclusion Waiver provides funding for home and community based services for children and adults, who would otherwise require the level of care provided in a nursing facility. Services must be necessary to ensure the person’s health, welfare and safety.
• Community Alternative Care (CAC) Waiver https://mn.gov/dhs/people-we-serve/people-with-disabilities/services/home-community/programs-and-services/cac-waiver.jsp
The Community Alternative Care (CAC) Waiver provides funding for home and community-based services for children and adults who are chronically ill. The CAC Waiver is designed to serve persons with disabilities who would otherwise require the level of care provided in a hospital.
• Developmental Disability (DD) Waiver https://mn.gov/dhs/people-we-serve/people-with-disabilities/services/home-community/programs-and-services/dd-waiver.jsp The Developmental Disabilities (DD) Waiver provides funding for home and community-based services for children and adults who would otherwise require the level of care provided in an intermediate care facility.
People Over Age 65
• Alternative Care https://mn.gov/dhs/people-we-serve/people-with-disabilities/services/home-community/programs-and-services/
The Alternative Care Program provides services to help seniors, age 65 and older, who need nursing home level of care but choose to live in the community. The Alternative Care program is available for people with low income and assets who are not eligible for Medical Assistance.
• Elderly Waiver https://mn.gov/dhs/people-we-serve/seniors/services/home-community/programs-and-services/elderly-waiver.jsp
The Elderly Waiver Program provides home and community based services for people who need the level of care provided in a nursing home but choose to live in the community.
To view a complete list of Home and Community Services, visit the DHS Program and Services page webpage. https://mn.gov/dhs/people-we-serve/people-with-disabilities/services/home-community/programs-and-services/
To determine eligibility for these services:
• A MnCHOICES Assessment will help determine if you are eligible for these programs/services. https://mn.gov/dhs/people-we-serve/people-with-disabilities/services/home-community/programs-and-services/mnchoices.jsp
• Call Kanabec County Community Health at 320-679-6330 to complete a MnChoices Intake and begin the process.