Kanabec County Auditor - Treasurer's Office 

Notice is hereby given for the terms and conditions of the sale per M.S. 282.01

State tax-forfeited land sales are currently not available due to a recent court ruling affecting Minnesota law. The County is seeking clarification and direction from the State before proceeding with the further sale of tax-forfeited land.

Payment in full is required at the time of sale by cash or check only                                                               
Fees & Costs in addition to the purchase amount:                       
* 3% surcharge for the state assurance account                         
* $25.00 State Deed Fee                     
* State Deed Tax of .33% of sale price ($1.65 minimum)                                                                                   
* Recording Fee of $46.00 for Abstract property, may be additional cost for Torrens property
* Well Certificate of $50.00 if applicable
State deeds are issued by the Department of Revenue and are quit claim deeds which prohibit enrollment of the land in a state funded program providing compensation for conservation of marginal land or wetlands.           
Kanabec County does not ensure access to any of these parcels.
Properties are sold "as is" with no guarantees.  All sales are final with no refunds or exchanges allowed.
The sales price paid does not represent a basis for future taxes.
State retains all minerals and minerals rights on these properties

Any special assessments levied after forfeiture and certified to the county auditor have been added to the minimum bid amount.

Sales are subject to existing leases and easements for highway and public utilities and any other easement obtained by a federal, state or county government for public use.

All acreage amounts are approximate unless parcel has been surveyed or platted in a legal subdivision.

The Minnesota Department of Health strongly recommends that ALL home buyers have an indoor radon test performed prior to purchase or taking occupancy and recommends having the radon levels mitigated if elevated radon concentrations are found.  Elevated radon concentrations can easily be reduced by a qualified, certified, or licensed, if applicable, radon mitigator.  Kanabec County is not aware of, and has not done any radon testing on any of the residential properties.  There are no radon records available and the radon concentration levels are unknown.  Kanabec County is not aware of any Radon Mitigation systems on any of the residential properties. 

Please contact the zoning official for the city where the parcel is located to obtain information with regards to specific building and zoning ordinances regarding these parcels.

Contact us for more information:

KANABEC COUNTY AUDITOR'S OFFICE, 317 Maple Avenue E, Ste 261A, Mora MN 55051, (320)679-6430