Resources & Referrals

Mn Department of Corrections/Mora Office - 320-209-6300

Kanabec County Court Services -

Family Pathways Domestic Violence / Sexual Assault Program

            Services are free and confidential
24-Hour Crisis Line: 1-800-338-7233
•    Emergency Shelter
•    Support advocacy for victims of domestic violence & sexual assault
•    Assistance with Order for Protections and Harassment Restraining Orders
•    Safety Planning
•    Court Advocacy
•    Support Groups
•    Resources and referrals

Housing & Energy Assistance
    Lakes and Pines, Community Action Council
    (800) 832-6082

MN Judicial Branch
Self Help Center Services

The Self Help Center may be able to assist you with forms, legal questions or issues related to:
•    Divorce
•    Child support
•    Custody/parenting time
•    Sealing of criminal records (expungement)
•    Guardianship/conservatorship
•    Landlord/tenant law
•    Civil actions
•    And many more

All services provided free of charge
Telephone: 763-760-6699 
Monday-Friday 8:00am – 4:30 pm

(Monday-Friday 8:00 am – 4:30 pm)

Zoom Appointments
(Monday-Friday 8:30 am – 3:00 pm)

In-Person Appointments
Monday-Friday 8:30 am – 3:00 pm)
      Call or email to make an appointment

Standpoint (formerly Battered Women’s Legal Advocacy Project)
Serves domestic and sexual violence survivors, advocates, attorneys, and other professionals working within the justice system in the state of Minnesota.
(800) 313-2666

Mental Health Crisis Text Line
Crisis Text Line is available in all part of Minnesota
Text MN to 741 741 to be connected with free 24/7 mental health crisis support

Day One Services
Minnesota Day One Crisis Text Line (866) 223-111 which connect individuals seeking safety and resources to service agencies statewide via phone, text or chat message.  The Day One Call Center also answers call, text and chat message to the Minnesota Crime Watch Support Line (866) 385-2699

Outfront Minnesota 
LGBTQ specific services for victims of domestic and sexual violence
(800) 800-0350

Minnesota Office of Justice Programs (OJP)
Minnesota Crime Victim Reparations Board helps victims of violent crime with their financial losses and aids in their recovery.  The Crime Victim Justice Unit investigates violation of crime victim rights and provides assistance to victims navigating the criminal justice system.

Victims of violent crime may be eligible for financial compensation through the Minnesota Crime Victims Reparations Board for medical or therapy costs, funeral expenses, substitute child care, or loss of wages. Property damage or loss is not covered. Not all victims are eligible for reparations. Financial assistance may be available to victims of violent crimes regardless of whether the case is charged or if the offender is found guilty. Claims must be filed within three years of the injury except in cases involving domestic child abuse and certain other limited exceptions.
Victims of violent crime should file a claim for reparations even if they are also requesting restitution since there is no guarantee the offender will be able to pay restitution and reparations may cover the losses before the offender pays restitution. Call the Minnesota Crime Victims Reparations Board at 651-201-7310 or go to the Office of Justice Programs website.

Download the printable brochure (PDF). Download the application from (PDF).

(651) 201-7300

Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD)
MADD advocates and staff working tirelessly to support victims at no charge, advocate for stronger laws and create a future of no more victims.
(877) 623-3435

Cornerstone General Crime Victim Services
General crime victim services advocates assist individuals by explaining statutory rights, offering emotional support, safety concerns, resources and referrals, criminal and civil legal advocacy, financial needs and filing Harassment Restraining Orders and Orders for Protection
(612) 767-9844