Kanabec County Committees,
Boards and Commissions

Serving on a Kanabec County Committee, Board, or Commission is a great way to get involved with your local government and make a positive impact on your community. The County Board appoints residents to serve in these important roles that help shape policy, review programs and plans, and represent families and residents in Kanabec County.

To Apply  
If you're interested in serving on a Kanabec County Committee, Board or Commission, please complete the application and submit it to the County Coordinator.  If you prefer, you can contact the County Coordinator's Office at 320-679-6440 to receive a printed application.

Kanabec County Coordinator
317 Maple Ave E, Ste 181
Mora MN 55051


Current Vacancies

The Commissioners of Kanabec County are seeking applicants to serve on Kanabec County Boards and Committees:

 Board of Adjustments.  Collects information and conducts public hearings on variance requests.  The Board of Adjustments serves as the County Weed appeal Board. There is one opening for this board for a regular member.

City/County Airport Zoning Board.  This board is designated under state statute and consists of members appointed by the City of Mora and the county.  The board meets to make, revise and approve airport zoning.  There are two openings for this board.

Emergency Medical Services Board Advisory Committee – Alternate.  Evaluates the funding for Emergency Medical Services and advises the executive board on recommended expenditures.  There is one opening for an alternate position on this board.

Extension Committee. Oversees program development and performance of the County’s Extension Office working with such things as 4H, agriculture and community issues. There is one opening for an at-large member for this board.

Personnel Board of Appeals. Meets upon call to hear the filing of an appeal by an applicant for county job or a county employee concerning discrimination practices, alleged arbitrary capricious action on the part of the County Board with respect to rules included in the Act, or other matters or grievances under the authority of this Act (M.S. §375.65 & 375.66). There are two openings for this board.  Prior human resources experience is strongly recommended. 

Railroad Authority Advisory Committee.  Advise the Railroad Authority Board of interests and recommendations of the use of the railroad bed. There are three openings on this board; one at-large member, one member from Whited Township and one member from the City of Mora.

Snake River Watershed Citizen Advisory Committee. Works with the Snake River Watershed Board overseeing restoration projects on the Snake River. There are two openings for this board.

All applicants should be Kanabec County residents. 
Applications can be found here, or by contacting the County Coordinator’s Office.  

Please submit your application to the Kanabec County Coordinator by 4:30pm on November 30, 2023
Kanabec County Coordinator
317 Maple Ave E, Suite 181
   Mora, MN  55051