Frequently Asked Questions

1.  Where can I find forms for recording real estate transactions?
          All Minnesota approved forms are at Uniform Conveyancing Blanks at: 

2.  Can I get a birth certificate from another state in the recorder's office? 
        No, we have a state-wide system for Minnesota, but cannot do other states.

3.  If I live out-of-state, how can I get my birth certificate? 
      Download the form on this website, complete it and mail it to us with the required payment and we will
      mail a certified copy back to you.  Or you can click the link to VitalChek that is located on the birth request page.