Financial Resources for Kanabec County Small Businesses Affected by COVID-19
1) SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL): Kanabec County small businesses must apply directly to the SBA for this program via the link above. Due to a high number of applications being submitted across the nation, it is best to apply ASAP and online between 7:00pm and 7:00am. If you experience technical difficulties, check your browser. Applicants have reported trouble while using Chrome. For questions about the application process, please email Heidi at firstname.lastname@example.org, leave a message at 320-209-5031 or call 320-515-1674.
2) SBA Paycheck Protection Program (PPP): Kanabec County small businesses must apply for the PPP through an approved SBA 7(a) lender. There is only one eligible lender in Kanabec County who is accpeting PPP applications and that is Neighborhood National Bank. For a complete list of lenders accepting PPP applciations in Minnesota, please email Heidi at email@example.com, leave a message at 320-209-5031 or call 320-515-1674. For a direct contact at Neighborhood National Bank, please also inquire with Heidi.
3) Small Business Debt Relief Program: Info Coming Soon
State of Minnesota Programs
1) MN Dept. of Employment & Economic Development (DEED)'s Small Business Emergency Loan: Kanabec County businesses must apply for this loan through the Entrepreneur Fund or Region Five Development Commission. However, before you apply, please visit the DEED link above and click the "Eligibility" tab to see if your business is eligible for this program. Don't apply if your business type is not listed. Your application won't even be reviewed if your business type is not listed.
2) Minnesota Unemployment Insurance Program: Employees of small businesses in Kanabec County must apply online directly through the above link. Employees must apply on the below day of the week per the last digit of his or her Social Security Number (SSN). See the chart below:
|Last Digit of SSN#||Day of Week||Time|
|0, 1 or 2||Monday||6am to 8pm|
|3, 4 or 5||Tuesday||6am to 8pm|
|6, 7, 8 or 9||Wednesday||6am to 8pm|
|Any||Thursday||6am to 8pm|
|Any||Friday||6am to 8pm|
Call centers are reserved for Minnesotans who are digitally disconnected, or who need language support. Only call this number if you fall into those two groups: 1-877-898-9090.
3) Minnesota Small Business Loan Guarantee Program: Kanabec County small businesses must apply for assistance through lenders that are enrolled in the program. That list of lenders should be available soon. Please email Heidi at firstname.lastname@example.org, leave a message at 320-209-5031 or call 320-515-1674 if you want to be notified when that list is available.
4) MN Dept. of Human Services's Peacetime Child Care Grants: Kanabec County family childcare providers must apply directly at this link on Child Care Aware's Website.
5) MN Dept. of Revenue's Sales & Use Tax Payment Extension
1) The Kanabec County EDA is exploring the feasibility of creating an emergency loan program. For details of that process and to inquire about supporting such a program in theory or financially, please contact Heidi at email@example.com or call 320-209-5031.
2) Initiative Foundation's Emergency Child Care Grant Program: The funds for this program have been depleted. Please see the information about the new MN Dept. of Human Services Peacetime Child Care Grant above.
DEED's Information for Employers & Businessess
As of 3/17/2020, all Kanabec County buildings & facilities are restricted to the public until further notice. Only limited access to court services, public health & family services will be permitted. EDA business will be conducted online, by phone, by email and U.S. Mail. Other ways to reach the EDA include Twitter & Facebook. Until further notice, EDA meetings will be held online via Zoom. Members of the public who want to attend EDA meetings via Zoom should request each Zoom meeting ID or call in phone number from EDA staff. See staff's contact information below:
EDA Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00am to 4:30pm
EDA Staff: Heidi Steinmetz
Office Phone: 320-209-5031
Mobile Phone: 320-515-1674
Welcome to the Kanabec County EDA's, Website! Kanabec County is located in East Central Minnesota, just over an hour drive north of the Twin Cities Metro area. The County seat (Mora, Minnesota) is located at the crossroads of Minnesota State Highways 65 and 23. Kanabec County is home to two city-owned industrial parks (Mora Industrial Park and Braham Industrial Park). If you are a manufacturing company looking to expand, along with staff from the cities of Mora and Braham, we will help you fin the perfect lot.
Kanabec County is well-known for hosting Vasaloppet USA each Feburary, which is the largest cross-country ski race in Minnesota! Other attractions in Kanabec County include the Nordic Center, Ogilvie Raceway and Ann River Winery. There is an excellent hospital in Kanabec County, Welia Health, which is located in Mora on Hwy 65.
Contact us today to learn more about Kanabec County. We are here to help existing and new small businesses thrive in our community!
Kanabec County EDA Mailing Address:
Kanabec County Courthouse
18 North Vine Street, #101
Mora, MN 55051